Strawberries, No More


This morning we woke up to a quite house. I got ready for the day and headed off to my boxing class. When I came home, I noticed that Emree's door was wide open. I assumed she was in the bathroom so, without disturbing anyone, I headed into our bedroom to talk to Travis. Then, Emree walks out of Miles room (she was definitely not in the bathroom like I thought). "Hi, Emree!" I said enthusiastically. Ignoring my welcome, Emree replies in her big sister tattling voice,"Miles has the strawberries in his room." I peeked inside and there I saw the lamp and CD player from Emree's room sitting in the corner of the room and their blankets and pillows around them. Sure enough, there they were, the 2 pounds of strawberries I had just bought a few days earlier, all half eaten and placed back into the original package. It was such a cute moment, I had to capture it on camera.




Miles is ALWAYS hungry and almost every morning he heads to the fridge, grabs a go-gurt and comes to me with his cute little smile and asks for it to be opened. He's a cute one, but he gets into EVERYTHING! Especially if it has to do with food. We have to constantly be on guard. Today was an  exception though. They were just too cute for me to be upset.



The rest of the day has been spent cleaning/shopping/resting. We are all exhausted for some reason and so today is our lazy day. I'm still working on the pile of dirty dishes next to the sink and the endless amounts of laundry that will forever be the death of me, but that's okay. Some days it's good to take a break and lounge around.

Emree and I were able to have some one on one time today. We didn't do anything too exciting, just grocery shopping and a DI run, which Emree LOVES! Emree found a few books and I found a fun memory game for her to play. She loves games, but we don't really have a whole lot of them for her age in our game library, so we've been on the hunt.

She also loves shopping, just as much as I do and I LOVE IT!! I've needed a shopping buddy, basically my whole life. No one, has been able to withstand my shopathon's, but this girl has been crowned with the title "shopping buddy," forever and always...I hope. ;)



We've had a busy week shopping, playing with friends and driving Travis around to his various locations. He has been busy finishing up his last semester of his undergrad. Yay!! I would have to say though, it has been one of his toughest semesters. With his appendix surgery and other health issues, he has had to make up a lot of work and just try to keep his head afloat. Poor Travis just can't seem to catch a break. But the end is in sight and we are SUPER excited to see what is ahead in the coming weeks. Come May 5th, Travis will officially be a U of U graduate! Woo Hoo!!

But let's not get ahead of ourselves. For now...we'll just try to get through tomorrow. ;)

HAPPY FRIDAY!!



Comments

Popular Posts