Graduation & House Hunting



This month has been kind of crazy so let's catch up a bit, shall we?! 

On May 5th, Travis graduated from the University of Utah with his Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering. It was such an exciting day! Crazy, but exciting! 

Our car broke down the night before graduation, and that was a little stressful trying to figure out what to do with that. We had so many emotions going on that day that we didn't quite know how to feel.  We didn't know final grades yet, we needed to start looking for a new place to live and our car was towed to the shop. But despite all of our worries, we are so happy and excited to see what adventures are in store in the future. 

Up until now, our whole life has been school. We have done nothing else from the time we met and married to now. Suddenly, our whole world has changed and the little bubble we have lived in with school, has opened up once more and we are moving on to a new stage of life. Thankfully, I have Travis here with me to help me and remind me along the way, that everything is going to be okay. 

I can't tell you how proud I am of Travis! He has worked so hard to get to this point in his life. He kept pushing even with his appendix surgery and so many, many other obstacles. He graduated with research experience and had an internship that pushed him beyond the level he thought he was capable. He is my superman and is a great father and husband. I feel so extremely blessed to have him in my life! 



Over the past 3 weeks, I have been on the hunt for new apartments. We've gone through so many options and have seen so many places. It has pretty much taken over my life. I have done nothing else, but search and search. I am now at the point where I can't do much more, but wait. We have found a place that we really like, it's just a matter of what will be available and if we feel that is the best place for us at this time. We will be taking a few weeks to just ponder about our findings and decide if that is where we want to be or if we should continue our search. 

I have been feeling very overwhelmed with house searching, because each time we find a place we like, if we don't snag it right then, then it will be gone within an hour. Plus, I have a lot of thoughts and worries that have been on my mind, because of past experiences that have caused me some grief, but that is a story for another time. ;) 

Salt lake has a high demand for housing right now and it has been really hard to find anywhere that we will feel very happy with and has a decent price to go along with it.  

Despite my worries, I have no doubt, that my Heavenly Father is watching out for us. He knows our wants and needs and he knows that our home is out there and will be ready for us when the time is right. Sometimes,
we need to take a break from all the chaos and confusion to truly see what is most important. So, this week I have been taking a break from searching and instead focusing more on the present moment and where I am right now. Home is where I am now and where my family is. 

We are so blessed to live here in the Village surrounded by so many wonderful people. We have truly grown so much here and are so grateful for the opportunity to be here. In everything we do, I pray that we can always remember what is most important and never forget to enjoy the here and now. 


Congrats my love!! You did it!! Home is where you are!! 



Comments

Popular Posts